Risa Ravitz MD
Dr. Ravitz is a board certified Neurologist and Pain Management specialist with fellowship training in Headache Medicine. She is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of all neurologic conditions involving both the central and peripheral nervous system.
Dr. Ravitz also has additional interest and training in the treatment of Headaches. She uses a holistic approach to treatment that includes pharmacotherapy, Botox, trigger point injections, physical therapy, and diet and lifestyle changes that help patients return to active lives without pain.
Dr. Ravitz received her training:
- Undergraduate Education: Amherst College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College
- Internship: University of Colorado Health Sciences
- Residency: Chief Resident, Harbor UCLA/David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Department of Neurology
- Fellowship: The Headache Institute/Roosevelt Hospital/Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Department of Neurology
Dr. Ravitz is a board certified Diplomate of the American Academy of Psychiatry and Neurology and the American Board of Pain Medicine. She is a member of the American Headache Society where she serves on the Board of Directors for the New York County Medical Society.
She is dedicated to her continuing medical education and attends conferences around the country in her field. She was recently named as a Super Doctor and one of New York’s Rising Stars in the New York Times Magazine, an award recognizing young physicians. In her free time, Dr. Ravitz enjoys surfing, running, and yoga. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Ravitz please contact Clinicube.