Back Pain: Symptoms & Complications
Back pain symptoms can range in intensity from mild to severe. Learn the signs to watch for.
- Upper, Middle, and Low Back Pain Symptoms Get the facts on the aches and pains that signal back problems.
- Sciatica Symptoms Sciatica can cause pain in the lower back and the legs. Learn more.
- Low Back Strain One of the main causes of back pain, whether acute or chronic, is low back strain.
- Nighttime Back Pain Nighttime back pain is a special type of lower back pain that could indicate a serious problem with your spine.
- Should You See a Doctor? Most back pain goes away on its own, but there are times when toughing it out at home isn’t a good idea.
- Cauda Equina Syndrome This syndrome may require emergency surgery to avoid permanent damage to bowel and bladder control or even paralysis.